How do I make an Appointment?
You may fill out the information here or call (504) 228-0524
What should I wear?
You may be performing therapeutic exercise and you will need to have clothing that is not restrictive and free-moving. If you are going to have treatment on your knee shorts are important. Avoid skirts. If you are being treated for problems with your neck, upper back or shoulders and need a gown, own will be provided for you.
What if my symptoms increase?
An increase in symptoms may occur. You may have what is called treatment soreness and not the original pain. This can occur during your visit and up to 18 hours afterward. This should be minimal and not pain.
Do I need a referral to come to Grimm Physiotherapy?
Yes, physical therapy treatment shall be based on the prescription or referral of a person licensed to practice medicine, surgery, dentistry, podiatry, or chiropractic. Physical therapy treatment for a diagnosed condition or conditions may be provided after the PT has determined that the condition has been diagnosed within the preceding 90 days by a health care provider authorized by law to make a diagnosis. If you don’t have a doctor or haven’t seen one in the last 30 days we will be happy to refer you to one who is familiar with our excellent care.
Do you communicate with my doctor?
YES…..if we find something during our evaluations or treatments that we think is beyond the scope of Physical Therapy or needs to be brought to the physician’s attention we will contact him/her immediately. We also send them a progress report within the PT shall provide to the diagnosing healthcare provider, the plan of care for physical therapy services within 15 days of the physical therapy intervention.
Is it OK to ask my doctor about physical therapy?
Yes, your doctor wants you to be an informed patient. It is your right and the law in Louisiana that you can choose where you attend physical therapy.
Is this type of Physical Therapy suitable for my Back Pain?
If you check 4 or more of the following questions, then this may be just the right treatment for you!
- Do you have difficulty getting out of bed in the morning due to pain or stiffness?
- Are there periods in the day when you have no pain, even if it is for only 10 minutes?
- Does sitting for long periods make you feel stiff?
- Is the pain located to areas above your knee?
- When getting out of the car do you feel pain/stiffness in your low back that is relieved with walking?
- Do you have difficulty getting up out of a chair?
- Do you have pain that moves from the low back to your hips, thighs, and down your leg to your foot?
- Are you generally worse during or right after prolonged bending as in bed-making, ironing, emptying the dishwasher, digging or gardening?
- Do you have good days and bad days?
- Are you generally better when you are walking and on the
- When standing in one position do you find it necessary to
sit due to back pain?
- Does your ability to walk become progressively worse?
- Have you had several episode of back pain over the last
few months or even years?
- Are you pain free in between episodes?
- Do you have days when you look shifted to one side with
pain down your leg?
Is this type of Physical Therapy suitable for my Neck Pain?
If you answer yes to any of the following then this may be an appropriate treatment approach for you.
- Do you have days when you can't turn your head to the
right or left?
- Do you have pain in between your shoulder blades and/or
across your shoulders?
- Do you have pain that moves up and down your arm?
- Do you get headaches that move up from your neck and
wrap around your head to your forehead?
- Do you wake up with stiff necks?
- Do you have good and bad days?
Will this type of treatment help my extremity (hip, knee, ankle, shoulder, elbow, wrist) pain?
If you answer yes to any of the following, there is a good chance this type of treatment is for you!
- Are there periods in the day when you have no pain? Even
for 10 minutes?
- Do you have pain when you move your involved joint?
- Are some days better than others?
- Do you have difficulty squatting, walking up or down
stairs/hills, or with prolonged sitting?
- Do you have limited motion at your hip, shoulder, knee,
ankle, wrist, or elbow with pain?
- Were you told you had bursitis, patella femoral syndrome,
frozen shoulder or tendonitis?
- Do you have golfer's elbow or tennis elbow?
- Do you have rotator cuff pain that is coming from your
- Have you had several episodes of pain over the past few
months or even years?
- Are you generally better when you are on the move?